May the Fourth be with you!


On May Fourth I was invited by the Centro Cultural Sampedrano to give a lecture on Star Wars.
I took the opportunity to discuss the arc of the story on cinema's most iconic villain. I mean of course, Darth Vader, the Jedi formerly known as Anakin Skywalker.

Staying out of the Star Wars Stories, I concentrated on Episodes I through VI, starting from the cute little boy who casually murdered countless people by destroying a space ship. Granted it also saved the lives of his friends during the battle on Naboo. Visited the bad decision making during Episode III and culminated with his sacrifice in Emperor Palpatine's throne room aboard the Second Death Star.
A full path that led to redemption as envisioned by George Lucas.

I had a blast with the public because they had seen the movies, so no spoiler alert was necessary, and the discussion went into such mind-bugling details like "Why did Leia kiss her brother in Empire?" My response, beside the obvious that George dropped the ball there, was to point out that Leia was not kin on kissing her unknown brother, but rather to make Han Solo jealous.

May the Fourth be with you....and tomorrow, remember the revenge of the Fifth!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to find out more? I'd care to find out some additional information.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create
this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

Plz answer back as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where
u got this from. kudos

Anonymous said...

I enjoy, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a
look for. You have ended my four day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Anonymous said...

I enjoy, result in I discovered just what I was looking for.
You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

Bye

Anonymous said...

Hi, I check your blogs on a regular basis. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am genuinely pleassant to read everthing at single place.

Anonymous said...

I am really inspired together with your writing
talents as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid subject matter
or did you customize it your self? Anyway keep up the excellent high quality writing, it's uncommon to peer a nice weblog
like this one today..

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well
as from our argument made at this place.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine
but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, superb blog!